Application of the system
Project scheduling and cost estimation process can be done either in traditional way or using BIM technology.
The system enables:
- working on BIM models in IFC format,
- presentation of a model comprising elaboration of designs of many branches, as well as division regarding layers type, number of floor, elements type etc.,
- calculation of volume, area, length of elements or group of elements,
- detection of inconsistencies in different versions of the same file,
- working with use of two-monitors worksites with integrated text and graphical interfaces,
- execution of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
The system reads a virtual model of a building in open IFC 2×3 format developed in arbitrary CAD system.
A designer decides about the model structure – creates a division regarding number of floor, elements type etc. The division can be adjusted by a cost estimator towards the need of the calculation.
Any changes introduced to a model are reflected on a cost estimate. On the other hand, modifications drawn to the cost estimate are revealed on the model.
BIMestiMate is the only available system offering the users direct connection between a model and data from a quantity take-off.
The process of quantity take-off execution is automatic, easy, accurate and intuitive, and the take-off positions are revealed on the model.
The system eliminates errors made during calculation of amount of work to be done, the biggest source of inappriopriate cost evaluation.
BIMestiMate ensures automation and shortening of the calculation time of even 90% and more.
For example, execution of quantity take-off of a single-family house with the area of 300m2 takes about ten hours. Using classical methods and tools supporting the calculations, the process lasts about five hours. In the case of a project taking advantage of the BIM technology,
time needed is barely half an hour.